Joining the Ridgewood Choral is a rewarding commitment and full participation from singing to volunteering for various special projects and events is expected of all singers.
If after exploring our website, or perhaps after attending one of our performances, you feel you would be a good fit, please fill out and submit the form below so we can contact you to schedule an audition by our Music Director. At the audition, you will be asked to do basic vocalization and range testing with piano accompaniment.
Audition dates are generally available from October – December and in early January. But we would like to hear from you, so we encourage you to fill out and submit the form below, at any time of the year.
Prospective Member Information
The Annual Spring Concert is the highlight of our Season.
- Required rehearsals to sing in the Annual Spring Concert are every Friday from 9:30AM – 11:30AM during January – April. Extra optional rehearsals are every Wednesday from 12:30-2:30PM, beginning in March
- All rehearsals are at the Unitarian Society of Ridgewood, 113 Cottage Place, Ridgewood, NJ
- CD’s/listening files are made available to help study the music
- Annual dues are $40. The music is yours to keep, and the fee is generally $25
- At the Annual Spring Concert, members dress in pastel gowns, the Ridgewood Choral’s trademark concert attire since 1928
Besides the Annual Spring Concert, the Ridgewood Choral delivers a number of additional outreach performances, including a Holiday Musicale, as well as engages in a number of social events, and attendance at these events is expected, although not required.